Thursday, June 21, 2007

Look at the Pretty Flowers

The Sunflower Trail Festival is coming, so that means sunflower photos! So...I'm sure millions of photos have already been shot of sunflowers, so I wanted to do something different for the story. So, I went out to Gilliam where Gordon Boogaerts has thousands of them. I shot macro, silhouettes, portraits, blurred shots (even though at 200 ISO I could only slow the shutter down to about 1/30-1/25th of a second), insects, various white balances, natural light and strobing, and I even brought a few back to get some nice studio shots...and some air conditioning!

The slideshow to accompany the story came out great.

0 comments:

Blog Archive


Contact The Times photo department by email

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP