Friday, October 26, 2007

The Human Volcano


I really wasn't expecting much in the way of feature photos today at the State Fair of Louisiana since I had to go out in the middle of the day because of the High School football tonight. It was not a big surprise to find a sparse midway when I arrived. I made a the trip down and back between the rides and didn't find much in the way of photos. I decided to head up to the zoo. The zoo had plenty of animals and several empty stages but still I had not found much in the way of photo opportunities. The goats were sleeping and the alligator was hiding so I hung with the giraffe for a few minutes.

Finally I heard a crowd of people laughing several hundred yards down the street. I found they were enjoying the performance of Dallas The Fire Guy, a juggler who was entertaining the crowd. He kept saying everyone needed to stay around for his big finale so I waited along with the others watching his entertaining show. Indeed it was worth the wait when he did his " Human Volcano" and blew fire to end his show.

It just proves that you never know what you will find at the State Fair of Louisiana.

2 comments:

Anonymous 11/06/2007 4:30 PM  

Those giraffes look sad. It's a shame that the fair brings exotic animals in like that.

Anonymous 11/07/2007 11:15 AM  

So.....what exactly does a happy giraffe look like?

Blog Archive


Contact The Times photo department by email

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP