Thursday, March 8, 2007

William Yearby

March 8, 2007
Shreveport

I met William Yearby this afternoon as he was working at the intersection of Hollywood and Linwood in Shreveport where he has worked for Liberty Tax Service for about two months.

I have seen him waving at potential customers for several weeks but have not stopped to make his photo. After thinking about it for a week or so I stopped today. It was very strange talking to a giant Statue of Liberty. I think I will make this the start of a series of portraits of the people I meet during my daily assignments. As you know we do a lot of traveling. From Keatchie, Louisiana to Japan, my job takes me all over the world.

I know others have done similar projects but this is my turn. I can visualize the photos changing throughout the year, shorts, pants, jackets and then coats...... I wonder if I will find Santa filling up his truck at the gasoline station in December? An image a day sound really cool, but I think 3-4 a week is more practical, so I'm not going to make any rules.
After all it is my project.

1 comments:

Anonymous 3/08/2007 10:37 PM  

3-4 a week for the year? Ambitious. Happy shooting.

Blog Archive


Contact The Times photo department by email

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP