Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Why We Use Filters

Photobucket
I was sent to cover Bossier Parish inmates sandbagging in response to rising levels on the Red Chute Bayou. I knew right away my nice clean tennis shoes were going to get muddy, so I was pleased when we got to shoot on the road along the levee. That meant limited mud...or so I thought. EVerything was dry and clean until one of the inmates dropped a bag of sand as they passed it down the line...splash! I was covered in mud splatter. You Saints fans in the area will be thrilled to know my Cowboys pullover was hit...my clothes and my gear! But, that's why we use a UV filter on our lenses...it's nothing but a piece of glass but it kept mud off the front element!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

0 comments:

Blog Archive


Contact The Times photo department by email

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP