Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Purple Hull Pea Harvest



I spent part of the morning shooting Bossier Parish inmates picking buckets and buckets of purple hull peas in northern Bossier Parish that are used to feed the inmate population.

I had to smile when I overheard one of the inmates sweating in the sun say, "I hate peas, then Germain Smith told me, "this is my 15 minutes of fame" as I shot a photo of him silhouetted in the hot sun. But the best was a comment from another inmate a few rows over who said, "they feed us too much bologna."




1 comments:

Diane 1/15/2013 10:17 PM  

Retain a copy of all documents and That is because I was building up scar tissue from messing with it so much. to my chest and both my hands under my head. more than gold plate.

Blog Archive


Contact The Times photo department by email

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP