Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Red River Rising



I spent some time this morning documenting the rising waters in the Red River from recent rains.

I have shot the same thing multiple times over the years so I was a bit concerned about finding something new and different. Needless to say I was surprised that I actually made a couple of nice photos of the flooding including a dead snake floating near the parking lot at the Stoner Boat Launch. I'm guessing a Water Moccasin, but don't know for sure?

Hopefully the area won't see any more record-setting rainfalls in the near future like Monday when Shreveport broke a 55-year record with at least 2.64 inches of rain at the airport. The old record for the date was 1.96 inches.

The Red River in Shreveport/Bossier is expected to reach the 30-foot flood stage later this week.


1 comments:

Chris Jay 5/13/2009 2:30 PM  

The picture of the camp ground is awesome!

Blog Archive


Contact The Times photo department by email

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP