Saturday, September 8, 2007

Perspectives

.... sometimes you find a new one.
Today I took a hot air balloon ride over downtown Shreveport. It's funny because I have made dozens of flights over the area shooting aerials over the years, but never have I seen the area from a balloon. It's a totally different view than an airplane. So low to the ground and so close to everything.
As a matter of fact, I have never ridden in a balloon.

B-52... Check.
Blackhawk... Check.
Careflight... Check
Tiny Private Plane... Check.
Balloon... Check.

Now all I have left is a rocket and the space shuttle... anyone know someone at NASA?

5 comments:

Stephen Smith 9/08/2007 6:41 PM  

Shane,

Nice shots! My only aerials over Shreveport were in a bi-plane while I was trying to make a nice photo of a wing-walker. By the time I was satisfied with the shoot, the ride was basically over. I'll bet you had plenty of time to enjoy the flight!

Anonymous 9/09/2007 8:36 AM  

You should add "rocket pack" and "parachute" to you list of future aerial photography endeavors.

Shane Bevel 9/09/2007 3:31 PM  

Actually Stephen, it was shockingly fast. I thought I would have a lot more time than I did, but I think the major difference is not having a second chance. You can't just swing the balloon around and make a second pass!

MB Rocket pack sounds fun.... I think I'll stay away from the parachute!

Anonymous 10/10/2007 8:34 AM  

Shane --
You may want to see about jumping on one of the civilian aircraft during the airshow next year...

mel 10/30/2007 11:10 AM  

What about a blimp?

Blog Archive


Contact The Times photo department by email

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP