Crisla Yosep Pie, known "Lusila," an 18-year-old girl from the Dominican Republic. She was in Shreveport to have a growth removed from her face, and I wanted to document her time in America from the time she got here to the time she went home. I was mainly interested in the little things - her interacting with her host family, new things she was experiencing - things the average person wouldn't get to see.

Everything started out great - I spent a lot of time on the story and tagged along while Lusila went shopping, went to the doctor, spent time with one the host families, etc. I got many decent shots, but then the door slammed shut on me. To make a long story short, another host family, one I hadn't met yet, thought that Lusila was getting too much media attention and decided to try and protect her from all of it by not allowing any more photos to be taken. There was no changing their minds, so now my story will never be complete and will never be printed in the paper. And there is nothing I can do about it.