Friday, May 4, 2007

Leave Me Alone! (Part Two)

I was an easy target. I knew I'd be heckled.

I was at the Funny Bone in the Red River District in downtown Shreveport with entertainment reporter Stephanie Netherton to shoot a performance by comedian Mike Epps, and I knew he was going to pick on me. Surely he'd say something about my crazy hair or my huge camera. Everyone always does. I stand out like a sore thumb. I told Stephanie as much as we sat in the back and I took a few shots.

Then, slowly, I creeped toward the front and perched myself near the edge of the stage. I snapped a few photos, waiting, though not really paying attention to what Epps was talking about. Then I realized that he had paused, so I glanced at him with my non-camera eyeball. And he was looking straight at me. I could feel my face turn red before the words left his mouth, and soon he was saying something about me taking child support pictures. All eyes turned to me and the crowd roared, and I tried to smile through my embarrassment.

I clicked a few more shots and ran back to Stephanie's table before he could say anything else. She looked at me and laughed, and all I could say was, "I told you so!"

4 comments:

Robert E Trudeau 5/06/2007 3:43 PM  

yeah, Val. Honey, it could have been much worse.

Val Horvath 5/06/2007 5:09 PM  

Haha. I know!

Stephanie Netherton 5/07/2007 3:21 PM  

It could have been much worse. You could have been that pour guy wearing the plaid flannel shirt on the front row!

Blogger 9/19/2017 1:16 PM  

Did you know you can create short urls with AdFly and earn $$$$$$ from every visitor to your short urls.

Blog Archive


Contact The Times photo department by email

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP