Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Which One?

Last night I shot my first softball game of the year - Destrehan at Byrd. I got a lot of decent photos, but my favorites came when the left fielder dove for the ball right in front of me and missed. I had a tough time deciding between two photos for the paper - one where if you look closely you can see she isn't going to make the catch and another where it is quite obvious she wasn't successful. I chose the second one because of her facial expression and body language. Was I right?

6 comments:

Unknown 4/18/2007 4:41 PM  

Wow! My shot choices are much easier to make: blurry or in focus, head showing or head cut off... you know that sort of thing.

Greg Pearson 4/18/2007 6:27 PM  

no contest...bottom...her body is all twisted, legs sprawled, painful look on her face...the agony of defeat. Nice shot. Bet you were chimping on THAT one!!!!!

curt 4/18/2007 9:58 PM  

This is one of those times where you just have to sit the players down and explain they can't be dropping balls like that.

I agree, you definitely made the right choice. Great capture.

Anonymous 4/18/2007 11:07 PM  

These are terrific shots and yes I think you chose the right one!!! I agree with every word Greg Pearson said!!

Anonymous 4/26/2007 3:33 PM  

LOOKS LIKE YOU DID A GOOD JOB TO ME

Robert E Trudeau 5/06/2007 3:47 PM  

Momentous capture. Sorry about the dignity!

Blog Archive


Contact The Times photo department by email

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP