Thursday, April 12, 2007

Quality is in the details



This morning after finishing up an assignment at the Louisiana Techinical College I noticed what I thought was a piece of jewelry on the ground while walking back to my truck. After backing up a few steps, I realized that it was actually a Primrose flower with a cross-shaped stigma. The only reason that it got my attention is because the stigma was in full sun and the petal was partly in shade.

I'm not quite sure exactly what kind of a Primrose flower I photographed, but it did grab my attention.

1 comments:

Hud 5/01/2007 10:14 AM  

I got an email today from a horticulturist/naturalist and amateur photographer in Shreveport who says the correct identification of the flower is a Mexican Primrose : Oenothera speciosa.

Thanks Fred

Blog Archive


Contact The Times photo department by email

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP